Postdoctoral Research Associate
Search #: 495701
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Postdoctoral Research Associates
A Postdoctoral Research Associate position is available to study neural circuits that regulate motivated behavior in the laboratory of Natale Sciolino, Ph.D. (https://www.sciolinolab.org/) in the Department of Physiology and Neurobiology (https://pnb.uconn.edu/) at the University of Connecticut, Storrs. The lab uses the latest advances in intersectional genetics and optical imaging to define the noradrenergic circuits, cell types and receptor mechanisms involved in the biology and treatment of feeding and psychiatric disorders using the mouse as a model system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct and publish research focused on defining neuromodulatory circuits that regulate appetitive and consummatory behaviors.
- Plan and run experiments using in vivo optogenetics, chemogenetics, fiber photometry and mini-scope imaging during mouse behavior.
- Perform stereotaxic surgeries, fluorescent microscopy, immunohistochemistry, and fluorescent in situ hybridization.
- Read the literature, report project progress, and perform data analysis.
- Supervise and train technicians, undergraduates, and graduate students in the lab.
- Recent Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Genetics, Pharmacology, Physiology, or relevant disciplines.
- Experience in rodent neuroanatomy, stereotaxic surgery, and behavior, with a willingness to work with transgenic mice, and learn new experimental techniques.
- Strong track-record of publication and the ability to lead work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to interact with trainees to encourage innovation and collaboration.
- Highly desired candidates will have a background in behavioral and systems neuroscience.
- Experience with viral transfection, calcium imaging, electrophysiology, and mouse colony management is highly desired.
- Familiarity with MATLAB, Python, and/or R programs are a strong plus.
This position is a full-time, 12-month appointment. The position may be renewable based on performance and funding. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495701 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references. This job posting will be open until filled.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend